Like millions of other website owners, we use Google Analytics here. Google Analytics is a piece of software that collects data about our visitors (you) that enables us to tailor the content we provide for our user audience. What does Google Analytics record? What website you came from to get here. How long you stay for. If you visited on a mobile or desktop device. Where you are in the world. What do we do with your data? The tracking information allows us to better understand the kind of people who come to this site and the content they’re reading. This allows us to make better decisions about design and writing. Occasionally, we compile aggregate statistics about the number of visitors this site receives and browsers being used. No personally identifying data is included our reporting. All of our activity falls within the bounds of the Google Analytics Terms of Service. We're doing it to make the site better for our target audience. If this freaks you out and you want to opt out of tracking, grab this browser plugin to opt out of all Google Analytics tracking software. Check out this suite of tools from Abine to lock down your presence online. Proof positive that Gwen is a data geek and a privacy advocate!
So far, the furthest online visitor is from Indonesia...New Jersey is winning with the most hits; New York a close second.
Principal Conservationist & Antiquities Handler
We're not looking to sell anything here, the site was set up for informational purposes. If you're done reading and are feeling philosophical, we suggest you visit the ASPCA advocacy center and learn about how you can help protect animals in your home state.
That we didn't have a tow-truck in the mid 80's to remove some of the goodies from the park. In retrospect, a Land Cruiser or Zebra Jeep would have been nice! Speaking of Zebra jeeps....check out the video below. I hope you appreciate it as Gwen got a scratchy case of poison ivy recording it. (It was still worth it)
Director of Infographics
Executive Troublemaker & Trespasser Extraordinaire
Pusher of Envelopes
- When we were kids, (and we are aging fantastically may I add) our families had season passes to the park.
- Our favorite JH memory was having our car windshield whizzed on by a male rhino.
- West Milford was our #1 High School rival, we're all from Ringwood, NJ. Well, except Lisa; she's a Clifton native. Stephen is from Eternia, sometimes referred to as Midland Park, NJ.
- Several of us were shot with rock salt while trespassing in the Habitat in the early 80's.
- We were often spotted at the A&W , watching horror flicks at the Abby, or taking pics of the "Apple House".